A few fine links regarding the ridiculous search engine exploding Issue 1, a “poetic” experiment gone terribly, terribly right:
- That notorious crab-ass and postmodern proliferator, Ron Silliman, on the issue. Somewhat surprising he wouldn’t laud the experiment, isn’t it?
- How it became so viciously viral, while also commenting on the closet narcissism of poets. Surely, there’s an element of the embarrassing here; i.e. if you didn’t have Google Alerts before, you do now.
- K. Silem Mohammed ironically noting the three possible irritable responses to Issue 1.
- Even the Poetry Foundation has contributed to the uproar, which is surprising considering they usually keep some distance from such tawdry affairs.
- Not soon enough, here’s some clarification by the project’s true “authors,” who surely had no idea the extent of the pleasant mess they made.
- And, here, for those of you who absolutely, positively, despise this sort of stuff.
Lastly, for no reason whatsoever, here’s “my” poem as it appeared on page 206:
Writing decrees like creation
The things show the uncomfortable
…….. matters of splay matters about its
With most hooked salvation they post
…….. redemption and eider
Are they robust?
They are warm
Out here there
…….. are hills
Timid as a decree, bold as
…….. a victory
They spring in malice
They have no remorse
That morning is theirs, pillows,
…….. sizes, souls, the fearing letters
Thing wishes in their ardent affair
They are too
…….. wild-eyed; the simultaneous mist sends their